Sunday, April 4, 2010

Deactivate PS CS3 after uninstalling.

I uninstalled CS3, thinking it would give me the same deactivation script as Lightroom 1 did.

Now that I'm trying to reactivate it on a different computer, I found that the previous copy hadn't been deactivated.

Do I need to reinstall, activate and deactivate CS3 on the original computer??Or can I deactivate it some other way?

Btw, does anybody know why Adobe software doesn't uninstall and deactivate previous versions, like most other software??It seems rather burdensome to have to do all this seperately, not to mention the disk space used for ppl who aren't aware of this problem.

Deactivate PS CS3 after uninstalling.

Mark,

Welcome to the forum. I cannot comment on Lightroom, as I only did beta testing on it, and have not chosen to buy it.

Most Adobe programs, that require Activation, also require that you Deactivate, prior to uninstalling.

This is just a guess, as I have never tried to buck the order of things. I would guess that you will need to reinstall, THEN Deactivate, then uninstall. You might be able to bypass this, if you call Customer Support.

Wish I had a definitive answer, but I have always Deactivated, prior to uninstalling.

Good luck,

Hunt

Deactivate PS CS3 after uninstalling.

I was rather afraid that was going to be it.?I'm just going to go ahead, and hope that it deactivates properly.

No comments:

Post a Comment