Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Background/image alignment varies...

Hi,

To start, I'm pretty new to Dreamweaver and can't understand html to save my life so please bare with me if this has a simple solution.. I'm learning.:)

I have a site that is finally lining up 100% in Safari, however, when I open it up in Firefox all of the images seemed to have bumped over to the right 1 px, and when opened in Opera they scoot over a bit more (maybe 3 px.) I was wondering if this is because of a scroll-bar that I inserted into one of the cells.. I read something about an uneven number of pixels but can't seem to make any of the coding work. Should the cell length be odd or even?.. or does this matter? Is this even my problem? Or is there a way to simply lock your images to a specific point on the background? Any advice would be very appreciated.. please let me know if you need any more information. Thanks so much!

Background/image alignment varies...

Posting a link to the example is usually a good way to get started.?It's honestly hard to tell what is going on without seeing the source.?Most people will say to first validate your HTML: http://validator.w3.org/ ; then your CSS: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/ .?Once those validate, if you are still experiencing issues it is usually because of the way certain browsers interpret certain code in which case you would need to post a link.

Background/image alignment varies...

I'll check the validation and see if I can figure out what's going on. The site is this ... just delete the spaces in the url. Thanks!

I noticed basically everything on your page is in a table except for your scroll box below your links. What you can do is add toolbar.gif into a its own div and create a wrapper div to hold both in place. as long as the wrapper div width is set to the width of your scroll box, your toolbar div should stay in place.

No matter what, you're going to get different results in different browsers. Thats just the way it is. You're going to have to design based on that

No comments:

Post a Comment