Sunday, March 28, 2010

When did we switch to ''chinese''?

I was in the Acrobat Forum. Clicked ''back'' to get to the main page. And it looked like this:

I had to do a refresh to get the page to display. Anyone else seen this one before?

When did we switch to ''chinese''?

Hi there

I've had it happen before. I'm unsure of the cause. Perhaps Jochem can explain it.

I've always assumed (perhaps incorrectly) that it was an intermittent browser or browser caching glitch.

Cheers... Rick

When did we switch to ''chinese''?

Captiv8r wrote:

Hi there

I've had it happen before. I'm unsure of the cause.

Definitely not Chinese... Double Dutch perhaps? But that too is probably doubtful. Perhaps Machine language... protesting at these Jive forums? Yup, that could be it....

Oh for chri...聽 the fun never ends in JiveWorld漏 does it?

Ozzwoman9 wrote on 9/8/2009 10:27 PM:

I was in the Acrobat Forum. Clicked ''back'' to get to the main page. And it looked like this:

http://forums.adobe.com/servlet/JiveServlet/showImage/11010/Picture+1.png

I had to do a refresh to get the page to display. Anyone else seen this one before?

Looks like your browser doesn't decode the gzip compressed HTML stream

correctly. If you run into this again, check the page properties in the

browser to see if there is a Transfer-Encoding header somewhere there.

(I presume Safari can show you the headers of the page.) Without the

headers there is no way to determine whether this is a client or a

server issue.

No comments:

Post a Comment