Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Firewire disk not showing up in save...

Hey all,


I recently upgraded to Snow Leopard and all seems to have been well until today when I realised my firewire drives aren't showing up in the 'save as' window.?However, the drives are showing up in the scratch drive list in the preferences.?At the moment I'm saving to my native hard drive and then transferring the files manually which is not particularly efficient.?Is anyone else having this issue and if so have you hit upon a solution?


Matt

Firewire disk not showing up in save...

Oh!


I've sorted out the issue now.?The solution may help others though.?In the 'save as' window I clicked on the drop down menu just below the file name entry field.?I selected the network name of my computer and the disks appeared in the list below.?I then dragged the disks over to the devices list on the left and there they now sit.


You may be able to drag them from the desktop too but I didn't try that.?Either way, problem solved!


Matt

No comments:

Post a Comment