Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Flex and Webservices

Good morning!

I have written a WSDL that soapClient.com reads ok. My problem is, Flex doesn't, and complains that there is no operation. What am I doing wrong?

Is there a peculiarity in Flex's interpretation of WSDL?

Thanks in advance for any idea !

Flex and Webservices

Hi,

pls look at the links below,hope they will help you.

http://shardulbartwal.wordpress.com/2008/06/12/using-multiple-methods-of-a-webse rvice/

http://shardulbartwal.wordpress.com/2008/03/20/import-web-servicewsdl-wizard-in- flex-30/

Let me know if you have any issue.

with Regards,

Shardul Singh Bartwal

Flex and Webservices

You have to mention Web Method name to be called of the web service.

Suppose,

I have created WebService Obj ''ws'' at flex end

I have web method ''CallDummyData'' at server side

then syntax would be:

var ws:WebService = new WebService();

ws.CallDummyData.send();

-----------------

If you want to pass parameters to web method then you can pass it using:

-- String --

ws.CallDummyData.send(''Param1'');

-- Object --

var objVal:Object = new Object();

objVal.name = ''MyName'';

ws.CallDummyData.send(objVal);

----------------

If you are getting web method name dynamically then syntax should be:

var _wsGeneralMethod:String = ''CallDummyData'' // Could be retrieved from server at run time

ws.getOperation(_wsGeneralMethod).send();

---------------

I guess this would help to resolve you problem. let me know if you need more details.

If this helps you then please mark it as answered.

Best Regards,

Yogesh

Thanks for your answers, but they aren't solving my problem.

The programmatic method using webservice class is according to forums not to be used anymore, and I wish to use the built-in?facility. My problem being that this fails, as you could check by trying http://datacollection.atim.com/ATIM_DATACOLLECTION/ATIM_DATACOLLECTION_SERVICE.w sdl (if it IS up... which is not always the case, that's why I included that file as TXT in my first message).

I can't figure out why soap.com would work, as well as soapUI... but not flex.

If anybody has some more pointers, I'd be delighted to try again

No comments:

Post a Comment