Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Why are there random Captivate images...

Hello,

I am using Captivate 4.0.0 Build 1596 and I have 13 slides running in XP Pro SP2.?Slide 1 has a picture in it with a button to go to slide 2.?Slide 2 is some text with a button to go to slide 3.?Slide 3 has 6 buttons on it, 5 don't do anythig yet and the one that does takes you to slide 9.?Slide 9 has 3 buttons on it and the first button takes you to slide 10.

Slide 10 is a 1280 x 1024 SWF file that is 140 seconds long at 14 fps.?When this animation ends it goes to slide 11.?Slide 11 has a 1280 x 1024 SWF file in it that is 223 seconds long.?Roughly 125 seconds into the animation you begin to see all kinds of ''icons'' such as buttons and arrows and even pictures that say Adobe Captivate appear and disappear all over the screen then 35 seconds later they all disappear.

When slide 11 ends it goes to slide 12.?Slide 12 plays through perfectly and then goes to slide 13.?Slides 13 is totally blank and does not show my SWF file for that slide.?But after the time elapses for the time in which it would take for that SWF file to play it does go back to slide 9 as it should.

So, the problem is that in one SWF I am getting a bunch of random imagery fromthe Captivate program ad then one SWF file is not visable at all?

Each of these 4 SWF files work just fine when brought into a Captivate project on their own.

I publish the slides as a Windows Executable at Full Screen using Flash 10.?I also tried Flash 9 but had the same results.?The finished project is 36Mb.

Thanks.

Why are there random Captivate images...

Don't know if this will help but here is a flow chart of the slides.?Just follow the red line from slide 1 to 13.?Then 13 back to slide 9.

Thanks

Why are there random Captivate images...

Hi there

It's not exactly random imagery you are seeing. The imagery is that of the playback controls. I notice that in many slides you are inserting SWF objects. So I'm wondering if the objects are actually Captivate movies? If so, perhaps Captivate is becoming confused with a Playback Control set inside a slide that also has its own Playback Control set.

Just guessing though... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Rick,

The SWF files I am using were created by BB FlashBack Pro. (http://www.bbsoftware.co.uk)

When it exports a file the main movie and toolbar are two seperate files.?Only the main file is being imported to Captivate and it's toolbar looks nothing like the images I am seeing.

I just don't understand what it could be.

Don,

Hey there

The images you supplied earlier look like those used by the standard default playback controls Captivate uses. Just scattered about and really large.

Cheers... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Rick,

The images are only visable for about 25 seconds.?They start to appear on the screen and then start piling up on each other.?Then after about 15-20 seconds they stop and then disappear shortly after that.?I took a simple screenshot in my first image while they were piling up.?Just don't understand why these are appearing since I am not using a toolbar for one and two it was not a SWF from captivate... So confusing.

Don

Yeah, the behavior is certainly odd.

Is a preloader involved? If so, try removing it. If not, try adding it!

As you can see, we are grasping at straws... Rick

Helpful and Handy Links

Captivate Wish Form/Bug Reporting Form

Adobe Certified Captivate Training

SorcerStone Blog

Captivate eBooks

Rick,

Here what I did.?First I had to find out what a preloader was, just got this last week.?Found it in the Preferences and it was checked but no file selected.?I unchecked it and remade my .exe.?Still had the problem, random images on slide 11 and no SWF on slide 13.

So I went back and rechecked the preloader box and selected a file from the list. (progress bar.gif)

Now it works just fine!?No random images sprouting up and my SWF file on slide 13 actually played.

I never do see this preloader file but whatever it is doing it fixed my problem.

Thanks so much again!?Wish you could get 20 points.

Don

No comments:

Post a Comment