Tuesday, March 30, 2010

InDesign CS3 to R1800 Chopping Prints

This may be something already discussed, but have not come across any solution...I apologize in advance.

I am printing from InDesign CS3 and as of recently been noticing everything that I have been printing (on 13x19 paper) my document gets chopped. Only the top left quadrant of the page is being printed.

This has never happened before. The only thing that I can remember doing that would change anything was repairing my permissions and my disk. I did notice afterwards that my Epson driver was missing. I went to the Epson site to download and reinstall the driver (v6.12).

In the past I was able to print everything directly to the R1800. I called Epson today and their tech support said that I need to buy a rip-server because the R1800 is a non-post script printer...not very much help even when I told them that I was able to print without any problems before.

I tried printing from Photoshop and there was not any problems. I printed from InDesign using Gutin-print and there was not any problems.

I want to use the Epson driver for color accuracy. I am about to throw the printer out the window. Any help would be great.

No comments:

Post a Comment