Sunday, March 28, 2010

Serious CS3 Vista issues

Hello, I am in need of some help.

I have the Adobe Creative Suite 3 Design Premium software.?I have had it for a few years.?Just recently on my Vista laptop, I had the issue of a pop up message saying something regarding my license and it would shut down.?I have had this problem before and fixed it so i looked around and found the link that describes what to do.

http://kb2.adobe.com/cps/401/kb401528.html

I went through every step and i cannot get it to work.?When i try to download something such as the clean program, I get an error that says python23.dll cannot be found so it doesn't load up.

I thought that maybe if i system restored my computer back a few months when it worked it might work.?It made it worse.

I now get a message when I start the programs saying i have a catastrophic error with the licensing or something.

I have previously uninstalled and reinstalled and i had no results.?At this point i dont know what to do, what to try again or what needs to be done in general.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Andrew

Serious CS3 Vista issues

If you have a missing or corrupt system DLL there is something you can do on Windows.?It will require the original Windows disc.

Open the command prompt and type the following command:

sfc /scannow

That will scan your entire system and inventory all of your DLLs and then it will attempt to repair them first and if it cannot repair the file it will use your Windows disc to restore the DLL to its original state.?This process could take an hour or more to complete and could require a reboot at the end.

At that point, try launching your CS3 software, de-activate the software and erase the serial number from your system (make sure you have the serial and your disk).?Then run the uninstall and the CS3 Clean tool.?At that point, re-install the software.

If you run into more DLL missing issues this would not be an Adobe issue and you might need to consider a complete repair of Vista.

Serious CS3 Vista issues

If you've gone through all the steps in that tech note,then the only suggestion I can make is to contact Adobe Support and see if they can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment