Friday, March 26, 2010

Nice simple frame around photo

I have a number of photos that I need to put on a site.

I would like the photos to have a simple frame around them.

I realize this is a pretty basic question, and I can think of several ways to do it, but since I am doing a bunch of them I was wondering if anyone here has any suggestions.

The built in frames in Fireworks CS4 Auto shapes panel are too fancy for what I want.

Attached is a screen capture of what I would like.?Notice that it's a photo inside of a while frame with a slight drop shadow. I might want to make the white frame a few pixels wider, but the example JPG is basically what I want.


Any suggestions?

Thanks

Rowby

...

Nice simple frame around photo

Create a 250x250 image, fill the canvas with black, then save the file as a PNG or JPEG file in the Patterns folder within the FIreworks CS4 %26gt; Configuration folder.

Restart Fireworks.

Select your image, and run the Picture Frame command. Choose your new border and set the dimensions.

Once the frame has been applied, you can unlock the layer and remove the bevelled edge.

Nice simple frame around photo

If you want a way that you can get that effect using a batch process then I may have a way. Once you get this tweaked, make it a command and run the command in the batch. I have a movie on this part, if interested I'll find it :-)

open an image

apply a Photoshop stroke, outside, 4 pixels white. You need to tweak settings to get sharp square edges. I didn't do that part.

Apply a FW glow: In property inspector select Shadow nd Glow, width of 1, gray, offset and distance 0 and opacity 100%

Select shadow and glow again and add a drop shawdow.

Once it looks the way you want make a command

Hi Joyce and Jim,

I like both of your solutions.?Joyce if you can find the movie that would be great.

I will probably use one or the other for this project (maybe both).

Tahnks

Rowby

You're welcome Rowby. If you create one frame on an image with my method, then save it as a custom command, you'll be able to batch process files as well. But the limitation is that the files must be the same orientation when batching them.

If you want more details on the steps, let us know.

If it helps all of my images (in this particular project) are all landscape and all have the exact same pixel height. The width varies.soemwhat in each photo.

Row

It's an older movie but it still works the same

http://www.tutorials2go.com/tutorials/Fireworks/FWMX2004/Batch/batch.html

I'll need to try Jim's way too. I love learning different ways to get the job done :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment