Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Lightroom Startup Problem

Hello,

I had a trial version of Lightroom 2 that expired so I bought the software %26amp; typed in the serial number but whenever I quit LR2, it again asks for the serial number, then it would start again this process kept repeating. I already deleted prefs, uninstalled %26amp; reinstalled software.

Help please.

Lightroom Startup Problem

Are you running v 2.4? If not please install. If still no luck with reg. not sticking, post O/S. I can tell you where it is on Mac, but not Windows.

Lightroom Startup Problem

When I installed 2.4, after typing in the serial number %26amp; clicking 'Finish', the whole thing just disappears. I am running Snow Leopard. Any suggestions?

I, too, am having this problem on my Mac Pro. I am using Snow Leopard but the problem has persisted from Leopard. I had the demo installed,bought Lightroom 2.0, installed the upgrades to 2.4, I could never get past the registration screen.I went to the Adobe website and registered Lightroom there.

I just downloaded 2.5, and lo and behold, I finally got Lightroom open! However, if I close the program, I am asked for my serial number again. As the program is already registered, I cannot do so again. I have uninstalled all prior versions of Lightroom, ran privileges and looked for any leftover bits of earlier installs (must be missing some).

If I install the serial, the program seems to work fine until I switch catalogs, and the program tries to restart. I am then promted to re-enter the serial number data, and the program works fine. I have had this startup problem with Lightroom for over a year. I got tired of trying to fix it and research it, so I got Apereture and had no problems.

I really would like to use Lightroom and keep things Adobe, if possible. I use Aperture because I have created all of my online stuff using MobilMe , and I like being able to make books with Apple.

So, I wold like to know, what do I have to do to get Lightroom 2.5 to work without asking me for my serial number at startup?

If there is anything else you need to know please ask.

Chaz

For the registration problem on Macs, I found that deleting the registration file and reentering the info is quicker and better than trying to edit it. The file is on this path: Library/Application Support/Adobe/Lightroom/Lightroom 2 Registration file.

Note it's not your User library, but the general one.

Hope that does it for you both.

No comments:

Post a Comment