Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Premiere CS4 on a Mac

I have been using Premiere pro CS4 on a PC for about 12 months. I always shoot on HDV and capture through firewire in to premiere. This is easy because i have a HDV 1440x1080i sequence preset. This is in a HDV folder in sequence presets. I recently purchased a Macbook Pro with firewire 800. When i installed a trial version of Premiere CS4 on the Mac i found that in do not have a HDV sequence preset. I only have presets for SD, DVCPRO, AVCH and other presets for mobile devices,?But no HDV presets. Can anyone tel me how i capture HDV (1440x1080i, PAL) on a MacBook Pro?

I would really like to move my editing to My MacBook as it is much more stable than PC based editor.

Premiere CS4 on a Mac

Get the full version. As is spelled out on the Adobe site, the trial does not support anything MPEG.

Premiere CS4 on a Mac

Arh yes i see that now. Thanks.

I would really like to move my editing to My MacBook as it is much more stable than PC based editor.

Things run pretty well for me under Windows 7.

I bought Premiere as part of the production premium thinking I was getting something decent for the mac. Wow, was I wrong. NO HD QT export. I mean ZERO. I dont know what the point of capturing HD is, if I cant transfer it. NO preview during capture, something even iMovie does. A pathetic number of transitions, like about 33% of the number of the PC version. Mind-boggling file management system that doesnt isolate individual projects, but throws everythig into a pile you have to sort through (and then redirect in the software) As far as I'm concerned the program is totally unusable in HD, though it doesnt crash, and I have used it to cut some SD footage. It does that. For HD - forget it. Its a disaster.

There does seem to be a dearth of both Transitions and Effects on the Mac-side of things. To date, I have not seen any reason offered for this. It puzzles me greatly, and I'm on PC.

As for other Mac-specific issues, as I mentioned in another thread, it seems that Snow Leopard has not been a good OS. Apples is supposed to be working on an update. Maybe it will fix issues. Also, Adobe is working to release CS4.2, so there might be some good news there too.

For our Mac-brothers, here's hoping!

Hunt

Antinet,

Let me try to help you out here.

Antinet wrote:

I bought Premiere as part of the production premium thinking I was getting something decent for the mac. Wow, was I wrong. NO HD QT export. I mean ZERO.

Dennis,

Thanks. We PC-guys try to help, but are at a real disadvantage. We have PrPro 1 - 2, that was PC-only, but that does not help the Mac-folk much, as of CS3, and now CS4.

Appreciated,

Hunt

No comments:

Post a Comment