Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Something in CSS is holding back my...

I'm having a challenge with my templates.

I have created a main template. Then I created a ''listing'' template so that I could have repeating regions. There is one tweak I would like to make within the ''listing'' template and that is in the ''.listings #propertyComments'' div. I am trying to adjust the line-height so that my sentences will ahve more space in between. Such a little thing, but I can't seem to make it happen regardless of the line-height value I enter.

This is currently what I have for that div:

.listings #propertyComments {
?float: left;
?width: 365px;
?border-top: 1px solid #79736F;
?border-bottom: 1px solid #79736F;
?overflow: hidden;
?word-wrap: break-word;
?padding: 5px 0px;
?text-align: justify;
?vertical-align: middle;
?height: 106px;
?font-size: 12px;
?line-height: 20px;

I have posted the page here so that you can look at any CSS that may be overriding this.

Thank you!!!!!!!

Samantha

Something in CSS is holding back my... Grab a copy of Firebug for Firefox and it will show you the order of precedence in which the CSS rules are being applied (latest at the top):Something in CSS is holding back my...

John,

I see what you are telling me. I tried adding ''!important'', but it invalidated the css code.

Samantha

Guess I figured it out. You stated that CSS has its hierarchy. I removed the line-height 100% and all is well. The only thing I can't figure is that all of the other rules had no issue with this particular rule ''line-height: 100%;'' at the beginning.

Thanks for heading me in the right direction!

Samantha

If a particular attribute does not apply to a particular selector, it doesn't matter if it's in the rule...it will be ignored. So all of your additional line-height: 100%; attribute/values apparently are being ignored.

Remember what CSS stands for, too, it's Cascading Style Sheets...that Cascade is what you are referring to as Hierarchy...

Beth

No comments:

Post a Comment