Sunday, March 28, 2010

Big font problem in Flash

I built my web page?in Flash CS3, I used Anna font in static text. I used this font well, no problems. Now I am with CS4, and Flash can read the font well... inside Flash (editor, not player), it shows it in italics (this fonts doesn't have italics), and there is no way to use in regular. If I turn to another font and then, turn back to Anna, neither. And sometimes, automatically turn to Times or another. BUT... sometimes (I don't know how), Flash reads the font. But the static text that doesn't work will never work. And the other yes... AND I CAN MIX BOTH TEXTS IN THE SAME MOVIE! They have exactly the same attributes, but one is working and the other isn't. You can see it in this capture (note that Anna only has Regular Style)

You can see the page working in http://www.mariomey.com.ar and the now exported with CS4 in http://www.mariomey.com.ar/main2.swf (look all the fonts, it looks the same in Flash editor).

Anybody...?

Big font problem in Flash

I've installed the CS3 Flash version and it loads the file right. The font appears correctly and exports the same. It seems to be a bug of the CS4. But I found a (tedious) solution: I load the file. I change all the text fields to another font in regular style (eg, Arial). I CLOSE THE FILE. I open it again, and then I change them to Anna font. It is strange, isn't it?

Big font problem in Flash

Please open a support case for this:

http://www.adobe.com/support/contact

Font handling changed a lot in Flash CS4 (the font engine changed, handling of 'faux' styles changed dramatically).?Open a case and provide the agent with your font, and you'll probably need to be escalated to a higher support tier (just insist...)

Ok, I will be perfectly honest with you. I use a pirate copy of the soft. I am a juggler (circus artist) and I live in Argentina (money devaluated). Do you think that I can pay for an original copy of Flash and the other products? I don't. So... it's the only way to build my page and make some money building some web pages.

I don't want Adobe work to solve my problem... I am not in conditions to ask for that. But if you known the solution and it was easy... or (better) if Adobe wants, I could help you to fix the bug (because it is not a normal behavior). Just tell me what to do.

Thanks.

PD: I didn't find where to open the case.

No comments:

Post a Comment