Friday, March 26, 2010

Resizing & sending to photo lab

I just purchased the Photoshop Elements 7 program.?Previously I used Photoshop Elements 5.

I am an avid scrapbooker so I crop photos to all different sizes and then email them to my local photo lab to print, but my new program is not working the same as the old one.


What I used to do is open a photo, crop it to the size I want (let's just say 3in. x 3in.), then open a blank page to a photo size (let's say 4in. x 6in.), drag my cropped photo on the new page and then save it as what I want and then send it to the photo lab.

However, when I do that in Photoshop Elements 7, I open the photo, crop is to 3 by 3, open a blank page, 4 x 6 and then my cropped photo shows up approximately 1.6 x 1.6?I don't know what I am doing wrong.?Tried calling Adobe but could not figure it out.?I hope this is something simple, 'cause Photoshop 5 was so easy to use.

Resizing %26 sending to photo lab

You probably have the resized photo and the new blank file at different resolutions.?When you first open a new file you need to set the resolution to the same as your copped image is.?To see the resolution of it go to %26gt;Image %26gt;Resize %26gt;Image Size.

Juergen

Resizing %26 sending to photo lab

Both are 300ppi.

OK, you are dragging the cropped image out of the Project Bin.?Drag its thumbnail from the layers palette onto the blank file and you should be on target with the size.?I don't remember off hand why it does work differently when using the Project Bin.

Juergen

No comments:

Post a Comment