Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Creating a 'timer' with a movie clip

HI,

I have created a movie clip consisting of about 27 dots named 'timer', I double clicked on 'timer' and animated it (making one dot disspaer every 15 seconds). My problem is that at the end of this animation I want it to go back and play a frame on the outside scene.

i.e. from the 'timer' editing scene (the one you get to when you double click) I want it to gotoAndPlay (103, ''Game'') - The scene the movie cliip is in.

I keep getting an error saying that it cannot locate Scene Game.

I can see why this is happeining but I don't know how to fix it and still get it to work.

I hope this makes sense.

Thanks

Creating a 'timer' with a movie clip

I don't know for sure if I'm reading it right, but if you are trying to use gotoAndPlay(frame, scene) from within the timeline of some movieclip, then you need to target that line of code at the main timeline which is where scenes exist.?Something like Movieclip(this.root).gotoandPlay(frame,scene); might be more correctly targeting what you want.?I am also suspscious that what you are calling scenes may not be scenes, so you may not even be needing the scene argument... but that's a stretch of my uncertainty.

No comments:

Post a Comment