Sunday, March 28, 2010

Four-Point Garbage Matt Key

Using the four point or any of the garbage keys in Premiere Pro CS4, when moving the handles the handles move but the area is not selected leaving the area intact. Am i missing something? as I am unable to figure out if I am missing a setting to enable me to remove the area. I have a work around but this is frustrating. System Mac OSX version 10.5.8. Is this some sort of a bug?

Thanks for your help in this matter

Trickym

Four-Point Garbage Matt Key

Did you update to 4.1?

Four-Point Garbage Matt Key

Hi Harm

Yep 4.1 is installed

Here on a PC it works fine. If you grab the handles in the program monitor nothing happens? No black areas apprearing outside of the handles? Have you had this before? Did you update your video driver in the meantime? Just shooting from the hip, since I am not familiar with MAC.

Hi Harm

Yes your description is correct when the handles are moved the background does not turn black. I am new to this software package and I am going through the Adobe Classroom in a book for PPCS4, so I am not sure I have missed something but I have done this particular lesson to the letter. This is the first time I have had this problem and as far as I am aware the video card drivers are up to date. So I am assuming it may be a bug of some description if I can't get an answer here.

Thanks for your help so far. Any other suggestions?

Regards

Rick

Rick,

The reason that Harm asked about the CS4.1 update is that WAS a Garbage Matte Bug in one, or more, of the earlier CS4 updates. CS4.1 fixed that - or at least for the PC.

A frequent contributor (and MOD) here, Curt Wrigley, actually wrote the CiaB PrPro CS3 and CS4. I do not know if he personally tested everything on both a Mac and a PC, but know that all lessons WERE tested on both platforms. Maybe he'll stop by and comment specifically on the Mac.

Good luck,

Hunt

Hi Hunt

Thanks for your reply.

I have 4.1 installed and as far as I am aware I am up to date with all software.

It is a ball ache but I have a work around so all is not lost. I must now assume it is a bug and hopefully Curt Wrigley may drop by and put me out of my agony. I am at present doing a BA in photography so don't have a large amount of time to spend on resolving software conflicts/problems etc. Luckily I can usually find a work around so can get on with what needs to be done for my degree.

Once again thanks for your input in helping me. It is much appriciated.

All the best

Rick

I reported this problem 2 months ago:

http://forums.adobe.com/thread/453276?tstart=0

Sorry to say the problem persists on my system. Glad to see I'm not the only one to encounter this.

Did you also file a Bug Report? That would be the right thing to do, as it could then be fixed in future releases.

Good luck,

Hunt

  • red lipstick
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment